Menu Plan Monday Feb. 1, 2010

I have gotten out of the habit (again) of planning out my menus.  I know it makes life easier when I do it.  I know it makes life less expensive when I do it.  So why do I forget? Or rather, why do I resist doing it?

It's not that I enjoy the 5 o'clock rush. It's not as though I am particularly good at doing things on the fly.

The short answer is that I am SO over making dinners.  Every night, no matter what I make, it seems like one of the girls gives us the old groan and eye rolling routine.  It's hard to make something that everyone likes.  Truth is, for too long we've gotten in to the habit of letting the kids call the shots. That is a really, really bad position to be in.  It's not fair to me, and it's not fair to the kids. It makes meal time stressful and unpleasant, and sets us up for being grumpy the rest of the evening.

So starting this week, I'm back on the menu plan wagon. And to make it even more interesting, I'm making each of the older girls pick one night a week to plan and prepare dinner so they get an idea of how hard this is.  Best part of this plan?  Now I get to be the one to roll my eyes and complain about having tacos AGAIN.

So here's the plan for the week:
Monday- Hamburgers, corn on the cob and roasted potatoes
Tuesday-Chicken Tortilla soup
Wednesday - Ranch chicken and ceasar salad
Thursday- Meatloaf, brocolli
Friday- left overs
Saturday- Pierrogi
Sunday- Roasted chicken, veggie to be determined

Head on over to Gayle's blog to get more menu planning ideas.


Comments