Marabeth's Sloppy Joes

My DH is the oldest of 5 kids, all born in rapid succession. Needless to say, my late mother-in-law was busy. Dinners had to be fast, cheap and feed a lot of mouths.

One of my husband's favorite meals was sloppy joe's. As a part of my freezer/OAMC plan this month I made a batch. The recipe can easily be doubled and cooked all day in a slow cooker for Potlucks or just kept warm to deal with busy schedules. This version is a very mild, unspicy form of sloppy joe's and is always a big hit with my kid's friends when I make it.

Marabeth's Sloppy Joe's

2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can Campbell's Vegetable Soup
1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 can Pinto or Kidney Beans
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package hamburger buns

Brown ground beef in pan with onion, drain fat. At this point, you can either transfer to a slow cooker or continue cooking on the stove top. Add the vegetable soup and cheddar cheese soup (don't add any water to either can) and beans. Mix thoroughly. Cook over low heat until warm or keep in crockpot on low until serving time. Add salt and pepper just before serving.

To serve, just scoop on to the hamburger buns. Easy enough for a kid to do.

Comments