Menu Plan Monday 7-4-11 Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Sweet, sour-creamy goodness.






Ok, I know it's Tuesday.  But I still need a menu plan for this week and better late than never. Did all have a nice 4th of July?  I did.  It's also my mom's birthday so we always spend it with her and my dad.  It rained here last night, so fireworks were out of the equation for us.  

Here's my plan for this week:
Tacos, rice and beans
Lasagna, salad and bread sticks
Chicken pot pie, salad
Monte Cristo Sandwiches, fruit salad
Grilled chicken and veggies
Chicken ceasar salad and bread sticks

Breakfasts: Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Scrambled Eggs, cold cereal, oatmeal


This morning, I needed something sweet to kick off my day.  Sour Cream Coffee Cake is an easy winner around here. It's fast to throw together and smells heavenly while baking.



Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 1/4 Flour
2 Cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup  sour cream


Mix the first 3 ingredients until crumbly in a large mixing bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture.  Add the baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon to the mixing bowl and stir.  Add egg and sour cream, beat until smooth.

Pour in to greased 8x8 pan. Top with reserved mixture. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.




I'm sharing this post over at: Hope Studios Tip Junkie 

Comments