Operation Organization Week 2: The Pantry


Ok, I admit last week I took it easy on myself by straightening up the linen closets. This week, I'm going to dive in to something a little more difficult for me: the pantry.

My pantry isn't that big, but it gets to be a jumble of boxes, bags and cans very quickly. To top it off, I have those nasty builder grade wire shelves that don't hold anything and are strategically spaced to not hold anything useful.

My goals for this week are simple:
  • Clear out the junk.
  • Arrange like items together.
  • Make the pantry more user friendly so my kids will put things away where they belong.
I have some great inspiration again this week from Thrifty Decor Chick. Here is her post about her pantry. I loooooove what she did with hers. I want it!





Comments

mub said…
Good luck with your pantry. My shelves are in stupid places too, but I got some baskets that will hang from the shelf above them and they're really great! I think I doubled my space where I'm using them =)
Kelly L said…
When you are down - you can come over here and do mine....my pantry is awful!!!

Love,
Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com
Lisa Anne said…
Good luck, check out my post from july I've found my Zen. You'll see the before an dafter pictures of how I organized my pantry. It's crazy how much room is created when you remove boxes and add a few jars here and there.

http://smellthecoffeelisa.blogspot.com
Melinda said…
Good luck, Donna! My pantry is definitely on my list of projects to tackle during this challenge. I'll use your "After" photos as inspiration! ;0)
Anonymous said…
Lisa- I checked out your before and after pics from your pantry. That is exactly what I am going for!

I'd love to go hit Ikea for some glass canisters, but the closest one to me is over an hour and a half away. I think I'll try the dollar store first.