Menu Plan Monday 9-29-09




How on earth did it get to be Monday again? Honestly, the past week has been a blur. Granted, I was sick for a good part of the week, but that doesn't explain how everything got away from me!

I'm still a little bit ditzy from being ill, so a menu plan should come in handy this week. I did my grocery shopping today and did fairly well. I spent a grand total of $77 for $142 dollars worth of goodies. To be honest- a good $20.00 of that total is from impulse buys because my husband went with me... I really need to draw the line and shop alone!

My best deals were on some of the frozen veggies- I ended up with 8 bags for a grand total of $0.96!!! Score. My stockpile is slowly growing, though the kids got in to all of the pop-tarts I had put away from last week. Oh well, since I don't plan on buying anymore of those until I hit another good sale, the kids will be just out of luck.

So here is the menu plan for this week:

Monday: Chicken Tortilla Soup
Tuesday: Meatloaf, broccoli
Wed: Cheese Ravioli drizzled with seasoned Olive Oil, Garlic bread
Thur: Beef and Potato Tacos
Fri: Spaghetti Carbonara
Sat: Red beans & rice, salad
Sun: Calzones

For more meal plans, head on here.

And if you haven't already done so, check out Jenny's posts at Southern Savers.

Comments

Lisa Anne said…
My son loves pop tarts too. He'll eat everything. I need to start stock piling stuff, I'm just not that good at it.