Workin on a Full House...

I'm in a funk lately. Don't really know why, I just am. I keep trying to count my blessings, but all I can think about it how kids and dh are driving me crazy less than helpful these days. For the past year my dh worked out of state. That left me free to run things the way I wanted to with out having someone undermine second guess my every move. We ate what I chose to make for dinner. I watched what I wanted on t.v. before bed. Chores got done when I said they needed to get done... I could play on the internet as much as I wanted...

But in the course of 4 weeks, my oldest daughter moved back home and my dh moved back. Now the house is nearly twice as full as it was and more than twice as dirty. And some how in that brief space of time, my younger two forgot how to do a chore. My oldest has never been able to put a dirty dish in the dishwasher. And my dh? Well let's just say that he is the biggest kid of all! Not that that's all bad, he can be a blast. But discipline is not his strong point. And the kids know that fact and take full advantage of it. Ice cream for dinner? Why not! Clearing out the pantry while watching the football games? Sure! Laundry? What's that?!

So right now, I'm fuming in silence rather than confronting everyone. Why? Because it does no good. First everyone will look like I've grown a second head if I ask for help. Second, if they do help, it will only last for about a day or two..."Oh, you meant you wanted me to put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher AGAIN?!" And finally, I get frustrated because their idea of help is to shove everything behind a door and jimmy it shut... They all know that eventually I will give up and do it myself. And so the cycle begins again.

So I fume in silence. I know it's not right. I know it's not good. But what I don't know is what to do about it.

Comments

Lisa Anne said…
It's so frustrating. I'm sorry. Maybe if you don't do anything and let everyone see what it's like to live in a mess they gain a better appreciation for you and start helping out.
we all go through this., goodluck! Cute blog

Thanks for visiting me on my special sits day. I hope you had time to enter my giveaways!
See you soon, The Buzz Brandy