Easy Apple "Pie"


I love Fall. The cooler temperatures. Longer nights. Changing colors.  And of course, the APPLES.   I love apple pies; warm, cold, a la mode or plain.  But being on WW, that's something I have to limit right now.  But yesterday, my meeting leader passed on the easiest recipe that lets me enjoy all the taste of the pie, without all the guilt.  And I do mean EASY.

Here it is:
Take 6 apples, cored and chopped/sliced
(I cut them in quarters and then ran it through the slicer attachment of the food processor to get even slices).
Place in crockpot and add:
6 packets Splenda
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg

Cover and cook for 6 hours on low or 3 hours on high. 

That's all there is too it.  As the apples cook down, they will produce their own sauce.  Occasionally open up the crockpot and stir to help distribute the sauce. 

Bonus: Your house will smell heavenly while these are cooking!  Enjoy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That sounds really good!!! I applaud you for doing WW. I wish I could muster up the willpower right now.