Personalized Ornaments and the BEST hot cocoa mix ever!

Easy gifts for teachers and neighbors

So, you may remember the other day I told you that I had gotten a new Silhouette SD Machine as an early Christmas present. I did a brief tutorial on glass etching. Today, I wanted to show you just how I used the etching as well as some Vinyl Transfers to create quick, inexpensive gifts for my daughter's teacher and a few friends.


Using the Silhouette Studio software that comes with the machine, I imported the bracket from the stock design and resized it to a manageable level. I then duplicated the bracket and then mirrored it horizontally. I chose a font I liked and typed my title in between the brackets. I then grouped the brackets. After selecting the bracket and the lettering, I aligned the two so that the wording was evenly spaced between the brackets. Then I sent it to my machine and cut the vinyl.





After removing the excess vinyl from the backing, I applied the transfer tape.



Then I positioned the tape on my surface, and using a popsicle stick, rubbed it on to the surface. Peel off the transfer tape.

I did the same thing for the ornaments. When that was done, my daughter inserted some gift basket crinkles, using a pencil to help fit it in.



Reattach the top and then tie a pretty bow around it.



For the teacher gifts, I filled a canning jar with the bath salts I make. I filled another jar with the BEST Peppermint hot cocoa mix. I printed and cut custom labels with the Silhouette SD and adhered them with hot glue to the top of the jar lids. Then all it took was a length of ribbon hot glued around the edge of the lid.




That's all there is to it. Easy Peasy personalized gifts.




Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix


1 1/2 cups powdered milk

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup cocoa powder (I use the Hershey's Special Dark)

8 oz mini chocolate chips

20 peppermint candies, crushed





Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Spoon in to canning jars. Makes approximately 3 pint jars of mix. Attach the following directions:


Add 1 cup of water to 1/2 cup Cocoa mix. Heat in a small sauce pan stirring with a whisk until hot (approximately 5-6 minutes). Enjoy!



As a bonus today, I am including my very first Silhouette Studio files. Feel free to grab them for your personal use.

Relax
Lid labels




Comments

Susie said…
Very cool projects. Thanks for sharing how you did them and for the files. :) Looking forward to more,
Susie