Works for Me Wednesdays- The sock basket



I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hate laundry. Well, maybe not so much doing it as putting it away. Never fails, certain things always seem to disappear in the dryer. Things like one half of the pair of pink striped socks. I've asked my kids to take care of matching, folding and putting away their socks, but to no avail. Every school morning it's the same refrain..."Moooooommmmm! I can't find a sock!"

I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to figure this one out. I've finally gotten it through my head that all the socks need to be the same color (white). And instead of folding them in pairs, I just toss them into a basket that I can keep on the floor of the closets. You could use a small laundry basket, a wicker basket or a bucket. But a plain old dollar store bin works just fine.

No more searching. No more whinning (by me at least). One place to look and chances are they will find two that they can put on.

The sock basket works for me!

For more tips, see Kirsten over at We Are THAT Family.

Comments

'Becca said…
For kids who find white socks too boring, if you tie-dye all their socks in rainbow colors, then NONE of them match (because the two socks in a pair don't come out identical) but all of them go together!