Cleaning Green(er) and Cheap(er)

One of the (few) resolutions I made for this upcoming year was to try and cut back on the number of cleaning supplies I buy. Not that my house doesn't need cleaning (please ignore the dust bunnies that are multiplying in the corner). Rather, I've found that the older I get, the more sensitive my skin is becoming to the commercial cleaners out there. It's no fun to have a shiny sink if raw hands are the result.

This year, I plan to experiment with more homemade and good old fashioned remedies. I already add vinegar to my dishwasher instead of rinse aid and baking soda instead of Comet-type cleansers. This may work, it may not, but I won't know until I try. I've been scouring websites trying to find solutions and I have a few that seem promising.

I'm going to try the laundry detergent from Sew Much Ado. The Grocery Cart Challenge has directions for Disinfecting Wipes (something I use a ton of around here). I'm still looking for a few spray type cleansers to experiment with.

I'll let you know what works for me and what doesn't.

Comments