Storing the Blow Dryer

I had one of those "duh" moments while getting ready for my clinical rotation at 4:30 in the morning.

My blow dryer has been a fixture on my bathroom counter these days. My hair is too wavy to let dry naturally and too short to pull back in to a pony tail. The babies I'm working with deserve to not be scared by the Bride of Frankenstein when they open their little eyes. The blow dryer, therefore, is a necessary evil in my life.

The problem with that is it's always in the way. It takes up a lot of counter space, but taking the time to let it cool and curling up the cord so I can store it in the linen closet takes too much time (and I'm too lazy busy to actually do it.)

Don't ask me how I missed it until now, but I finally realized there is a loop on the back end of mine, hence the "duh" moment.

The answer was a simple binder ring. You know the kind I'm talking about. Lots of people use them as key rings to hook on to the strap of their purses. This kind:

The lowly binder ring
They are cheap (about 3 bucks for 8 of them) and come in a variety of sizes.  I used a 3/4"  to do this:

Voila.  The dryer now hangs from the shelving in my linen closet in the ackward space created by straight shelves and an angled wall.  The unusable dead space.  The "what on earth was the architect thinking?" space.

Best part is, I don't have to wait for it to cool down or even curl up my cord if I don't feel like it.  Which I don't. Because it's 4:30 in the freakin morning.

I'll be sharing this post over at We Are THAT Family.





 
 
 

Comments