Frugal Window/Glass Cleaner

Not my windows, but still pretty shiny!

Recently Diva decided to wash her bathroom mirrors. With soap. And then she let it dry. Still covered in soap. Smileys

I needed to clean the mirrors, but I was out of the good ole blue stuff.  Enter the frugal, and very effective, replacement.  All it takes is 3 ingredients.

  • Water
  • Rubbing Alcohol (left over from here)
  • Ammonia (left over from this fiasco)
Here's what you do.  Mix 1 cup water with 1 cup Rubbing Alcohol.  Add 1 Tablespoon non-sudsing Ammonia.  Pour into a recycled spray bottle.  Don't take a whiff- this stuff is strong!  Just take my word for it.  Spray on your dirty mirrors and windows and let sit for about 30 seconds before wiping off.  This stuff cut through all the greasy, grimy mess and left the mirrors and windows sparkling and squeaky clean.  For improved results, use newspaper for a streak-free finish.

I'm not sure you could call this a "green" cleaner since I'm not sure what happens with the ammonia. I do know that it's "green" in the sense that it costs just pennies per bottle.  Try it and let me know what your think.

I'm sharing this post at:
The Grocery Cart Challenge
 Hope Studios



Comments